Home Selling Tips From
The Top 1%
Deciding to put your home on the market can be stressful for any homeowner. There are so many unanswered questions with putting your home on the market. How long will it be on the market? Will there be multiple offers? Will I get over asking price? Here are some home selling tips to help sell your home within today’s real estate market,
1. Price it right. Especially within the today’s real estate market it is important to price your home right. This means that you should find out what your home is worth and price it accordingly. In the past few months many sellers have under-priced their homes in order to create a bidding war and get a higher amount. However, in this current market that strategy is not working. The best option is to price your home for what it is worth based on comparable homes in the area.
2. Declutter and Organize. When buyers are looking for a new home, they typically want one which will provide them with a lot of space and storage. The best way to get this look across to buyers is similar to declutter all storage areas in your home and ensure that they are organized.
3. De-personalize your home. It is important that when a buyer walks into your home they can imagine themselves living there and it becoming their home. If you have a lot of family photos and personal keepsakes, it might be a good idea to put them away either in a closet or in storage until your home is sold. If there are family photos or personal keepsakes throughout the house it makes it difficult for the buyer to imagine himself or herself living in your home.
4. Improve curb appeal. It is important that the exterior of your home looks well maintained and inviting just like the interior of your home is. The first thing a potential buyer will see is the exterior of your home so you want to make a good first impression. Improving curb appeal can be as easy as adding some paint to your front and garage door or adding some well-maintained landscaping to your lawn.
5. Always have your home show ready. When your home goes on the market, you need to make sure your home is always ready to have a buyer walk through. You never know when a potential buyer is going to make an appointment to come and see your home. Keeping your home neat and spotless can be difficult but doing so will help to sell your home in a shorter time period.
Although the process of selling your home can be stressful, by using these home selling tips it should make the process smoother making the experience of selling your home an enjoyable one.